BZ Series | Stainless Steel Laminar Flow Hoods
Germfree’s Horizontal Laminar Flow Cabinets provide a high degree of localized control for critical processes. The work area is continuously bathed with positive pressure HEPA-filtered air to protect the product from contamination. The BZ Series of Horizontal Laminar Flow workstations meet or exceed ISO 14644-1 / Federal Standard 209E for ISO 5 / Class 100 air and IES Recommended Practice for Laminar Flow Clean Air Devices. All units are NRTL listed with MET Labs to comply with UL1262.
Our Horizontal Laminar Flow Hoods are USP 797 compliant and designed for the handling of sterile products in an aseptic working environment. The work area is continuously bathed with positive pressure ISO 5/Class 100 horizontal laminar flow air that has passed through a High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter. This filter removes organisms and particulates 0.3 micron in size with an efficiency of 99.99%. The laminar airflow principle consists of moving individual streams of unidirectional, ultra-clean air along parallel lines with minimal turbulence. The HEPA filter is positioned in the rear of the work area and is protected by a removable, perforated metal diffuser.
All Stainless Steel Construction Assures the Integrity of your Cleanroom
Compounding equipment placed in a cleanroom must be constructed with materials that are highly durable, non-shedding and can withstand rigorous cleaning protocols. All laminar flow and compounding equipment manufactured by Germfree is constructed with 100% stainless steel. The physical properties of stainless steel make it inherently optimal for the demands of cleanroom equipment.
Proper disinfection protocols are critical in sterile compounding areas. SOPs demand frequent cleaning and may utilize strong chemicals. Best practices for cleanroom operations indicate that both the interior work area, as well as the exterior surfaces of hoods are effectively cleaned. Stainless steel is preferred for its resistant properties and overall ease of cleaning.
It is also imperative that core compounding equipment is rugged, durable and non-shedding. Stainless steel will not corrode nor shed even when impacted by the ongoing wear of a high production environment. Certain painted or coated materials present a plausible risk of corrosion or shedding after repeated exposure to harsh chemicals and long-term use.
Advanced Ergonomic Design
The work area of the unit is provided with optimum lighting; the fluorescent light housing is externally mounted and the acrylic top and side panels allow for additional ambient light and visibility into the work area. Our SpillGuard feature is utilized in the sides and back of the full-width work area. The CurveFlex™ forearm support feature provides operator comfort. All-welded stainless steel stands are available at a fixed sitting (30″) or standing (36″) work height. For further ergonomic considerations, adjustable stands are available with either manual or electric height adjustment. For additional information and available options please refer to the unit specification sheet.
The BZ Series of Horizontal Laminar Flow Hoods meet or exceed ISO 14644-1, Federal Standard 209E for ISO 5/Class 100 air and IES Recommended Practice for Laminar Flow Clean Air Devices. All units are NRTL listed with MET Labs to comply with UL 1262.
A SAFETY REMINDER
Laminar Flow Workstations are designed to protect the product within the work area from airborne particulates in the ambient air. Personnel and the environment are not protected from materials located in the work area. These Workstations should not be used with biohazardous materials, toxins, anticancer agents, radionuclides, or hazardous chemicals.
GERMFREE manufactures a wide range of Biosafety and Chemo Hoods, Fume Capture Systems, Glovebox/Isolators and other equipment to protect personnel and the environment as well as the product.
- BZ-3SSRX: 37″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-4SSRX: 49″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-6SSRX: 73″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-8SSRX: 97″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
Work Area Dimensions:
- BZ-3SSRX: 34″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-4SSRX: 46″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-6SSRX: 70″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-8SSRX: 94″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
BZ LINE – HORIZONTAL LAMINAR FLOW HOODS:
- Outer cabinet and work surface are welded stainless steel with a pharmaceutical grade finish.
- High capacity motor/blower system with speed control to extend the life of the HEPA filter .
- 16 gauge stainless steel work deck is 36″ from the floor and reinforced to support 300+ pounds.
- Top mounted pre-filters are easily changed.
- HEPA filter is full width and height (36″), ensuring unidirectional airflow and is easily changed from both sides.
- Top mounted fluorescent lighting is isolated from the clean environment.
- IV hanging bar with 12 hooks in work area.
- Separate lighted power ON/OFF indicator switches for blower and lighting.
- Electrical is 115 Volt, 60 Hz (220/50-60 Hz also available).
- Ten foot power cord with molded grounded plug.
ACCESSORIES: BZ LAMINAR FLOW HOODS
- Stainless Steel Stand 30″ or 36″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Manual Hydraulic Assist 30″ to 39″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Electric Hydraulic Height Adjustment 30″ to 39″ in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Stainless Steel Table – Custom sizes built to your specifications
- Bin Cart
- Duplex Electrical Outlet Installed In Work Area
- Gas shock lift for front viewing panel
- Stopcock for Air, Gas or Vacuum
- Stand Casters, 2 Locking welded to stand
- Sealed Data Port – Passage of 4 cables possible with individual adjustable diameters between 0.16″- 01/27″
- Ergonomic Task Chair Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Microbial Vinyl Covering
Available Colors Include: Charcoal ・ Wine ・ Teal ・ Navy ・ Black
LAMINAR FLOW HOOD DIAGRAMS
AIRFLOW PATTERNS FOR BZ LAMINAR FLOW HOODS