Approximate Interior Dimensions (L x D x H):
- 2 Glove model 42” x 21.75” x 29.25” front, 20” rear (1067mm x 553mm x 743mm front, 505mm rear)
- 3 Glove model 54” x 22” x 29.25” front, 20” rear (1372mm x 559mm x 743mm front, 505mm rear)
- 4 Glove model 78.125” x 22” x 29.25" (1985 x 559 x 743)
Approximate Overall Dimensions with Airlock:
- 2 Glove model 62” x 25” x 38” (1580mm x 635mm x 970mm)
- 3 Glove model 76” x 25” x 38”(1935mm x 635mm x 970mm)
- 4 Glove model 95.125” x 24.75” x 76.375” (2415 x 630 x 1940)
- Active HEPA purge airlock
- Exhaust blower
- VHP readiness package
- All welded 10-16ga. type 304 and 316L (2.46 mm thick ISO 3406 Type A4) stainless steel (SS)
- Interior coved corners and radius bends for easy cleanup and containment of spills
- All SS surfaces are polished to a pharmaceutical grade (#4) finish for easy cleaning and decontamination
- All welded SS stand with leveling feet is included, providing a 36” (915mm) work deck height
- 3/8” (9.5mm) thick clear polycarbonate window with a chemical resistant polysilicate coating
- Window is sealed to the glovebox with single-piece, water-jet cut silicone gasket
Viewing window is sloped for operator comfort and ergonomics
- Work area illuminated by an externally mounted, non-glare LED light
Stainless steel gloveports:
- Double groove gloveports allow glove changes without breaking containment
- Single inlet and double exhaust HEPA filters
- The glovebox is equipped with a static, double door airlock for safe material/sample ingress and egress
- Accessible control panel
Class III BSC's are increasingly specified as laboratories confront a range of new and increasingly hazardous challenges. These may include new applications, new agents and enhanced safety protocols. The SEA-III BSC was designed specifically to solve the primary obstacles faced when adding Class III containment BSCs to the existing lab: space constraints and cost. Our engineers designed this highly ergonomic Class III BSC to work within the constraints of your lab without compromising on features, functionality and user comfort. The SEA-III is the ultimate BSC design across all factors.
Class III Readiness:
Unknown / Higher Risk Materials
The modern microbiology lab may be tasked with handling a wider range of hazardous biological materials. The SEA-Glovebox provides Class III readiness for the diagnostic screening of potentially highly pathogenic samples. Germfree’s SEA-Glovebox offers a simple solution for complex lab environments.
Surge Capacity/ Preparedness Planning
Added Containment Capacity:
Sudden increases in testing volumes can challenge the routine operational laboratory infrastructure. Surge capacity is an important aspect of overall laboratory preparedness planning. Augmenting lab containment capacity provides increased safety and flexibility when dealing with receipt of samples increases.
Germfree’s SEA-Glovebox is the sensible solution when a Class III BSC is required to augment the containment capacity of a laboratory that has very tight space constraints.
The SEA-Glovebox is also ideal for laboratories that have intermittent and limited demands for a Class III Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC). These may include a range of smaller-scale facilities that occasionally work with biological agents that require Class III-level BSC containment.
Many emergency response networks seek to extend their reach by working with a broader range of labs in more localities. Networks may coordinate with laboratories that do not routinely work with higher-risk biological agents. Germfree’s Class III Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) provide reliable containment for potentially highly pathogenic materials. The SEA-Glovebox presents a cost-effective option for the lab that is newly adding Class III containment to boost emergency preparedness or participation in an emergency response network.