Pharmaceutical Laminar Flow Hoods
Horizontal Unidirectional Airflow Cabinets – BZ Series
Germfree manufactures Laminar Flow Hoods for a range of biopharmaceutical applications. Our all-welded stainless steel, horizontal clean air benches provide a high degree of localized control for critical aseptic processes and the handling of sterile products. HEPA-filtered air continuously bathes the work deck removing organisms and particulates 0.3 micron in size with an efficiency of 99.99%.
Advanced Control for BioPharmaceutical Aseptic Processes
The full-width work area is continuously bathed with positive pressure ISO 5 (Class 100) laminar flow air that has passed through HEPA filters. These cabinets provide unidirectional, ultra-clean air to enhance sterile product processing. They are widely used in cGMP-compliant production areas, USP 797 cleanrooms and 503B facilities. The HEPA filters are positioned in the rear of the work deck and are protected by a removable, perforated metal diffuser.
Compounding Operations for Pharmaceutical Clinical Drug Trials
Germfree’s BZ Series of Clean Air Cabinets provide an efficient platform for preparing non-hazardous Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs). Our units are constructed of all-welded stainless steel with a pharmaceutical grade finish to ensure durability and ease of cleaning. 316L stainless steel is available.
Germfree’s Horizontal Laminar Flow Hoods provide optimal lighting with an externally mounted fluorescent light housing. The acrylic top and side panels allow for additional ambient light and maximum visibility. Our SpillGuard feature is utilized along the sides and back of the unit. The CurveFlex™ forearm support feature provides operator comfort.
All-welded stainless steel stands are available with fixed heights for either sitting or standing. Adjustable stands are also available with either manual or electric height adjustments.
The BZ Series of Horizontal Laminar Flow Hoods meet or exceed ISO 14644-1, Federal Standard 209E for ISO 5 (Class 100) air and IES Recommended Practice for Laminar Flow Clean Air Devices. All units are NRTL listed with MET Labs to comply with UL 1262.
A SAFETY REMINDER
Laminar Flow Clean Air Benches are designed to protect the product from airborne particulates in the ambient air. Personnel and the environment are not protected from materials located in the hood. These units should not be used with biohazardous materials, toxins, anticancer agents, radionuclides, or hazardous chemicals. GERMFREE manufactures complete lines of Biological Safety Cabinets, Pharmaceutical Isolators, Fume Capture Systems and other containment equipment to protect personnel and the environment as well as the product.
Germfree’s Horizontal Clean Air Workstations provide a wide range of solutions for biopharmaceutical aseptic processing. Contact Germfree about your specific sterile product requirements.
Germfree also designs and manufactures Custom Laminar Flow Equipment and Downflow Booths.
- BZ-3SSRX: 37″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-4SSRX: 49″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-6SSRX: 73″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
- BZ-8SSRX: 97″ wide ・ 34″ deep ・ 49 1/2″ high
Work Area Dimensions:
- BZ-3SSRX: 34″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-4SSRX: 46″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-6SSRX: 70″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
- BZ-8SSRX: 94″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 34″ high
BZ LINE – HORIZONTAL LAMINAR FLOW HOODS:
- 316L stainless steel available
- Outer cabinet and work surface are welded stainless steel with a pharmaceutical grade finish.
- High capacity motor/blower system with speed control to extend the life of the HEPA filter .
- 16 gauge stainless steel work deck is 36″ from the floor and reinforced to support 300+ pounds.
- Top mounted pre-filters are easily changed.
- HEPA filter is full width and height (36″), ensuring unidirectional airflow and is easily changed from both sides.
- Top mounted fluorescent lighting is isolated from the clean environment.
- IV hanging bar with 12 hooks in work area.
- Separate lighted power ON/OFF indicator switches for blower and lighting.
- Electrical is 115 Volt, 60 Hz (220/50-60 Hz also available).
- Ten foot power cord with molded grounded plug.
ACCESSORIES: BZ LAMINAR FLOW HOODS
- Stainless Steel Stand 30″ or 36″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Manual Hydraulic Assist 30″ to 39″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Electric Hydraulic Height Adjustment 30″ to 39″ in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Stainless Steel Table – Custom sizes built to your specifications
- Bin Cart
- Duplex Electrical Outlet Installed In Work Area
- Gas shock lift for front viewing panel
- Stopcock for Air, Gas or Vacuum
- Stand Casters, 2 Locking welded to stand
- Sealed Data Port – Passage of 4 cables possible with individual adjustable diameters between 0.16″- 01/27″
- Ergonomic Task Chair Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Microbial Vinyl Covering
Available Colors Include: Charcoal ・ Wine ・ Teal ・ Navy ・ Black
LAMINAR FLOW HOOD DIAGRAMS
AIRFLOW PATTERNS FOR BZ LAMINAR FLOW HOODS