BTE Series Benchtop Biofume™ Hood
The Class II, Type B Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet provides protection for the user and the product from particulate, gases/fumes and aerosol hazards. The work area is continuously bathed with positive pressure ISO 5/Class 100 HEPA-filtered air while creating a negative pressure airflow into the cabinet to provide user protection. All of the air entering the hood is ducted/vented to the outside of the building.
The BTE Series (Class II, Type B) of Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet are designed for the safe handling of low to moderate risk agents in laboratories and other settings. These biosafety chambers eliminate cross-contamination and accidental release of pathogenic microorganisms or carcinogenic aerosols to the outside atmosphere. Other applications include handling materials such as pollen, powders, allergens, dust, pathogen-free animals and plants.
The work area is bathed with a HEPA-filtered unidirectional (laminar) flow ISO 5/Class 100 air to protect the product. Further, the exhaust air is HEPA-filtered to protect the environment from particulate and aerosol hazards. This filter removes organisms and particulates 0.3 micron in size with an efficiency of 99.99%. The laminar flow principle consists of moving individual streams of unidirectional, ultra-clean air along parallel lines with minimal turbulence. This Class II, Type B2 Biological Safety Cabinet is a 100% Total Exhaust unit. The BTE must be ducted (vented) to the outside of the building as there is absolutely no recirculation of air in the cabinet. This total exhaust feature makes the B2 hood suitable for not only handling particulates, but also fumes and gases.
Germfree’s Biological Safety Cabinets are Constructed of All-Welded Stainless Steel With a Pharmaceutical Grade Finish.
The BTE Biological Safety Cabinets are constructed of quality all-welded stainless steel with a pharmaceutical grade finish. The fluorescent light housing is externally mounted to provide optimum lighting into the work area. The front viewing panel allows for additional ambient light and visibility into the work area and has a unique, recessed, contoured shape, which creates an aerodynamic flow pattern and allows the operator to lean into the work area. It is this combination that produces the protective barrier for the operator by containing hazardous materials within the biosafety chamber. This also greatly enhances user comfort. The viewing panel is hinged so it can be easily opened for cleaning and placement of larger objects into the work area. The stainless steel work tray can also be removed for ease of cleaning.
All-welded stainless steel stands are available at a fixed sitting or standing work height. For additional information and available options please refer to the unit specification sheet.
The BTE Series of Vertical Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets passes the Biological Tracer Containment tests of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF).
- BTE-3SSRX: 36″ wide • 34.75″ deep • 58″ high
- BTE-4SSRX: 48″ wide • 34.75″ deep • 58″ high
- BTE-6SSRX: 72″ wide • 34.75″ deep • 58″ high
*Light housing and control panel adds an additional 4″ to depth.
Work Area Dimensions:
- BTE-3SSRX: 36″ wide • 22″ deep • 29″ high
- BTE-4SSRX: 48″ wide • 22″ deep • 29″ high
- BTE-6SSRX: 72″ wide • 22″ deep • 29″ high
- Stainless Steel Stand 30″ or 36″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Electric Hydraulic Height Adjustment 30″ to 39″ in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Stainless Steel Table – Custom sizes built to your specifications
- Bin Cart
- Duplex Electrical Outlet Installed In Work Area
- Gas shock lift for front viewing panel
- Exhaust Transition available for all models of BTE Series
- Stopcock for Air, Gas or Vacuum
- Stand Casters, 2 Locking welded to stand
- Sealed Data Port – Passage of 4 cables possible with individual adjustable diameters between 0.16″- 01/27″
- Ergonomic Task Chair Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Microbial Vinyl Covering
Available Colors Include: Charcoal ・ Wine ・ Teal ・ Navy ・ Black
BTE Class II BSC Diagrams
AIRFLOW PATTERNS FOR BTE CLASS II BIOSAFETY CABINETS
Germfree is a GSA Schedule contractor. GSA customers please click here.