Stainless Steel BBF Series Benchtop Bioflow™ Chamber
The Class II, Type A Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet provides protection for the user, product and the environment from particulate and aerosol hazards. The work area of the biological safety cabinet is continuously bathed with positive pressure ISO 5/Class 100 HEPA-filtered air to protect the product from contamination while an inward airflow protects the user. Approximately 70% of the air from each cycle is recirculated through the supply HEPA filter while the remaining air is discharged from the biosafety cabinet through the exhaust HEPA filter.
Germfree’s Biological Safety Cabinets are highly trusted worldwide
in the Hospital and Health-system Pharmacy
The BBF Series (Class II, Type A) of Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinets are designed for the safe handling of cytotoxic agents and other hazardous drugs in Pharmacy and Oncology settings. These biosafety cabinets eliminate cross-contamination and the accidental release of carcinogenic aerosols and drugs to the outside environment. Other applications include handling materials such as powders and allergens.
The work area of the biological safety cabinet is bathed with HEPA-filtered unidirectional (laminar) flow ISO 5/Class 100 air to protect the product and personnel. Further, the exhaust air of the biosafety cabinet is HEPA-filtered to protect the environment from particulate and aerosol hazards. This filter removes organisms and particulates 0.3 micron in size with an efficiency of 99.99%. It is even more efficient for larger and smaller particles. The laminar flow principle consists of moving individual streams of unidirectional, ultra-clean air along parallel lines with minimal turbulence. Approximately 70% of the air from each cycle is recirculated through the supply HEPA filter while the remaining air is discharged from the biological safety cabinet through the exhaust HEPA filter.
All Stainless Steel Construction Assures the Integrity of your Cleanroom
Hoods that are placed in a cleanroom must be constructed with materials that are highly durable, non-shedding and can withstand rigorous cleaning protocols. All compounding equipment manufactured by Germfree is constructed with 100% stainless steel. The physical properties of stainless steel make it inherently optimal for the demands of cleanroom equipment.
Proper disinfection protocols are critical in sterile compounding areas. SOPs demand frequent cleaning and may utilize strong chemicals. Best practices for cleanroom operations indicate that both the interior work area, as well as the exterior surfaces of hoods are effectively cleaned. Stainless steel is preferred for its resistant properties and overall ease of cleaning.
It is also imperative that core compounding equipment is rugged, durable and non-shedding. Stainless steel will not corrode nor shed even when impacted by the ongoing wear of a high production environment. Certain painted or coated materials present a plausible risk of corrosion or shedding after repeated exposure to harsh chemicals and long-term use.
Operation as a Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet
Our 3, 4, and 6-foot units can also be converted into a Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet as required by USP <800>. External exhaust system to vent (duct) the remaining HEPA filtered air to the outside is possible by ordering a thimble transition piece. Consult with a Germfree Customer Service Representative for further details. Please see the following units for this option: BBF-3SSRX, BBF-4SSRX and BBF-6SSRX.
Germfree’s Biological Safety Cabinets Provide Advanced Ergonomics
The fluorescent light housing is externally mounted to provide optimum lighting into the work area. The front viewing panel allows for additional ambient light and visibility into the work area and has a unique, recessed, contoured shape, which creates an aerodynamic flow pattern and allows the operator to lean into the work area. It is this combination that produces the protective barrier for the operator by containing hazardous materials within the biological safety cabinet. The viewing panel is hinged so it can be easily opened for cleaning and placement of larger objects into the work area. The stainless steel work tray can also be removed from the biological safety cabinet for ease of cleaning.
Our Biological Safety Cabinets are available with all-welded stainless steel stands for operation at a fixed sitting or standing work height. For further ergonomic considerations, adjustable stands are available with either manual or electric height adjustment. For additional information and available options for Germfree’s Biological Safety Cabinets please refer to the unit specification sheet.
The BBF Series of Vertical Laminar Flow Biosafety Cabinets passes the Biological Tracer Containment tests of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF). All units are NRTL listed with MET Labs to comply with UL 1262.
- BBF-2SSCH Biological Safety Cabinet: 26 ¾” wide ・ 24 ¼” deep ・ 47″ high
- BBF-2SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 27 ½” wide ・ 24 ½” deep ・ 54″ high
- BBF-3SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 36 ½” wide ・ 31″ deep ・ 57 ½” high
- BBF-4SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 48 ½” wide ・ 31″ deep ・ 57 ½” high
- BBF-6SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 72 ½” wide ・ 31″ deep ・ 57 ½” high
*Light housing and control panel adds an additional 4″ to depth. Depth dimensions include light housing.
Work Area Dimensions:
- BBF-2SSCH Biological Safety Cabinet: 24″ wide ・ 17 ½” deep ・ 21″ high
- BBF-2SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 24″ wide ・ 17 ½” deep ・ 29″ high
- BBF-3SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 36″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 29″ high
- BBF-4SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 48″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 29″ high
- BBF-6SSRX Biological Safety Cabinet: 72″ wide ・ 22″ deep ・ 29″ high
- Stainless Steel Stand 30″ or 36″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Manual Hydraulic Assist 30″ to 39″ High in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Welded Square Tube Stainless Steel Stand with Electric Hydraulic Height Adjustment 30″ to 39″ in 2′, 3′, 4′, and 6′ widths
- Stainless Steel Table – Custom sizes built to your specifications
- Bin Cart
- Duplex Electrical Outlet Installed In Work Area
- Gas shock lift for front viewing panel
- Exhaust Transition available for all models of BBF Series Biological Safety Cabinets
- Stopcock for Air, Gas or Vacuum
- Stand Casters, 2 Locking welded to stand
- Sealed Data Port – Passage of 4 cables possible with individual adjustable diameters between 0.16″- 01/27″
- Ergonomic Task Chair Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Microbial Vinyl Covering
Available Colors Include: Charcoal ・ Wine ・ Teal ・ Navy ・ Black
BBF Class II BSC Diagrams
AIRFLOW PATTERNS FOR BBF CLASS II BIOSAFETY CABINETS
Germfree is a GSA Schedule contractor. GSA customers please click here.